3D PDF – From the 3D model to the interactive product presentation!
A 3D PDF allows you to integrate your products as a 3D model into a conventional PDF document.
On most computers, the free software (Adobe® Reader®) is already installed – independent of the operating system.
In addition to the well-known functions of PDF documents, 3D PDF documents contain a 3D area in which 3D models can be integrated, controlled and animated. The user has the opportunity to intervene interactively with the mouse or touchpad.
Your customer can thus adjust every conceivable view of your product by turning, zooming and moving and also print this self-selected view. In addition, integrated animations can be played out, construction instructions can be displayed step by step, text information can be displayed or hidden depending on views, animations or building instruction steps.
Our 3D PDF documents are backwards compatible up to Adobe Reader 7.0.8 from the year 2006, which gives the readability to most of the world’s workplaces.
Benefits for marketing and support
- the product intuitively to the customer in a playful way (eg color of the mobile phone shell, shape of the rim, material of a façade like wood or stone)
- the customer interactively offer different variants for selection (eg color of the mobile phone shell, shape of the rim, material of a façade like wood or stone)
- simple visualization of complex and explanatory products and processes
- widely used file format
- fast and cost-efficient sending via e-mail or data carrier
- perfect product information, installation or service instructions as download from your homepage
- online and offline
- individually printable in contrast to other formats
3D PDF documents include:
- complete 3D models of your products, concepts and ideas
- animations of production, movement and maintenance sequences, building instructions and functions
- selectable views and camera rides
- cuts of your models (ground plan, longitudinal section)
- information about selected parts or assemblies (graphics, part name, material, function, …)
- hide and collapse parts, and restrict views (such as Bottom House)
- prefabricated forms for sending and printing
- different types of representation as wireframe model, illustration or textured model
- small file size
Important information about 3D-PDF
- 3D PDF can not be displayed on some mobile devices. Any plugins should be checked beforehand using demo examples from the Internet. Unfortunately, Adobe offers its Adobe® Reader® for mobile operating systems only in a reduced version.
However, many new end-user devices have a full-featured operating system, such as Windows 8.1, where a 3D PDF can be easily used, as the standard Adobe® Reader® can be used here.
- Compared to 3D real-time solutions such as WebGL, a 3D PDF is intended for individual applications, such as trade fairs and internal business processes.
- due to the security breakthroughs of browser providers, 3D PDFs can no longer be actively integrated into web sites. Here, WebGL is now the perfect 3D real-time solution for online content. As an infomaterial, the 3D PDF is still highly effective and compelling.
- 3D PDF can not represent normal maps, bump maps, and shadows.